Here’s a list of 10 things one might gift to a minimalist for their birthday or a special occasion. Minimalists look to gain experiences over items. The below reflect this notion, where many minimalists enjoy and appreciate even activities outside of our comfort zone.
- iTunes Gift Card - One of the best gifts so far. You can buy lot of different virtual goods with it including books, music, audiobooks, apps and even rent a movie. But be aware: You should check what store country the person is using, because the Euro card is not compatible with US iTunes store, as example.
- Amazon gift certificate - A similar product to the above, where books, audiobooks, and also real items can be bought. Same warning applies - know what store the person is using (.com or .co.uk for example)
- Ticket. To a movie, or a concert or even museum. Something he/she can enjoy and learn from.
- Restaurant gift certificate The opportunity to visit an new or reputable restarant can add a new experience to the city in which we live or visit. I mean, we all need to eat, so why not enjoy new tastes?
- Spa or Massage gift certificate With the tension of the everyday on top of the activities we pursue, a day at the spa or a good massage is definitely appreciated.
- A ticket to activity or new experience like karting, kayaking, bowling, etc.
- A day travel ticket To another city or attraction for example.
- Food. A minimalist would prefer some consumables over things. An Apple pie or a bottle of wine as example.
- Course Every minimalist is looking to gain knowledge over items. Online courses that can be done in our own time can be one of the best, and most thoughtful, gifts.
- Nothing. A smile would be enought :)
Any better ideas?